The power converter is an essential component in an RV’s electrical system. 120 volts AC to high-power consumption, high-wattage appliances such as coffee makers, microwave ovens, hair dryers, iota dls 45 troubleshooting conditioners, etc. Many basic single-stage converters, typically found in older and lower-priced coaches, are still in use.
They don’t have the sophisticated internal circuitry to properly charge and condition batteries. Some converter models supply only a fixed voltage of around 13. 2 volts, which prevents batteries from reaching full charge and also shortens their service life. Batteries have become quite expensive, and faulty charging by the converter can be both inconvenient due to loss of power, and costly in terms of ruining batteries. It’s likely that the majority of RV batteries succumb to sulfation, rather than actually being worn out, or dying of old age. Sulfation occurs when lead sulfate forms on the internal plates and reduces or even halts the battery’s ability to accept and hold a charge.